Coming to Canada as a Visitor

Visitors to Canada are people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents. In order to enter as a visitor, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa otherwise known as a TRV or a visitor’s visa. This document demonstrates that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada. Citizens of some countries do not require a visitor’s visa. If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Canada, you must know, that you cannot obtain a Temporary Resident Visa upon arrival in Canada – it must be approved before your departure.

Citizens from non-visa requiring countries do require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eta) to travel to Canada

If you intend to work or study in Canada and are from a visa requiring a country you will require a Temporary Resident Visa in addition to your work/study permission. Because this visa is temporary, there are limits on the amount of time you can stay in Canada.

Navigating the Canadian Immigration System

Kaminker & Associates will work with you to ensure that you meet all of the requirements to receive a Temporary Resident Visa before your departure. Our team will help ensure you have all of the required documentation, assist you in fully and completely filling in all application forms, handle family member’s applications, and submit everything on your behalf. We can also assist by identifying potential complications in your case then and address those issues upfront in the application process


Contact Us

    Trusted Canadian Immigration Lawyers

    Learn More