If you’ve been hired by a Canadian company, you will need to ensure you are able to legally live and work in Canada for the duration of your contract. Before arriving in Canada you will need to have the required work permits and documentation.

Before entering Canada as a temporary foreign worker, your employer must apply for and receive a successful Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). This is a document from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) stating that an employer can hire a foreign worker. You must have this in order to apply for a work permit and legally work in Canada, though, in some cases, you may be eligible for an exemption and may not need a positive LMIA. We can help you understand your options and choose the best path for your situation.

Immigration Lawyers for Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada

At Kaminker & Associates, our skilled and experienced team of Canadian immigration lawyers will help you navigate the complexity of Canada’s immigration system, determine if you qualify for any exemptions, assist in your application for a work permit, and make sure all of the required documentation is prepared before you arrive in Canada.

Going through this process takes time, meaning you should get started as soon as you know you will be working with a Canadian company. Errors or omissions during the application stages may further delay this process, negatively impacting you and your business. That’s why you should always work with an immigration lawyer to guide you through the process.

When to Contact Us

If you are coming to Canada as a Temporary Foreign Worker.

Request a Consultation

Contact us today to discuss your case.